Managing Employee Performance
(Professional Certificate Program)
Managing Employee Performance is a Professional Certificate Program that deals with employee performance issues faced by managers and supervisors on a daily basis. This training program has proven to be effective because managers learn new skills, practice the skills, and most importantly, transfer their new skills back to the workplace.
Since managers are responsible for creating a supportive work environment, they will be encouraged to measure employee engagement, which can also be used to determine their leadership effectiveness after the training.
This program includes a 195-page accelerated learning textbook and access to a website consisting of helpful training resources during and after the training. Those completing the program receive a certificate of completion.
Topics in the Course Include:
- Understanding Performance Management Strategy
- Set and Communicate Performance Expectations
- Understanding People Skills for Solving Performance Problems and Deciding How to Handle Performance Problems
- Handling “Can’t Do” Performance Problems: The Manager as a Trainer and Coach
- Handling “Won’t Do” Performance Problems: Motivating, Counseling and Corrective Discipline
- Integrative Case Studies: Putting all the Pieces Together and Performance Appraisals that Support the Day-to-Day Strategy
For a more complete description of the course, please contact us.